PE Sports Funding
PE Funding Statement
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the academic years, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/2017 and 2017/2018.
Extra funding is provided directly to schools.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in school games
- Run sports activities with other schools
- PE Funding Statement 2013-14
- PE Funding Statement 2014-15
- PE Funding Statement 2015-16
- PE Funding Statement 2016-17
- PE Funding Statement 2017-18
- PE Funding Statement 2018-19 v2